Warning postsuper

  • Eduardo Júnior
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

      Hi,

      my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
      When requeue messages from a domain with:

      mailq | grep domain> / tmp / msgDomain
      for i in `/ tmp / msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done

      and the following message I returned:
      postsuper: warning: invalid mail queue id: 07:47:00

      any sugestions?

      []´s

      --
      Eduardo Júnior
      GNU/Linux user #423272

      :wq
    • Eduardo Júnior
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

        Hi,

        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
        When requeue messages from a domain with:

        mailq | grep domain> / tmp / msgDomain
        for i in `/ tmp / msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done

        and the following message I returned:
        postsuper: warning: invalid mail queue id: 07:47:00

        any sugestions?

        including  i read [1] and not stay clear.

        [1] - http://www.postfix.org/postsuper.1.html

        --
        Eduardo Júnior
        GNU/Linux user #423272

        :wq
      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
          * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
          > Hi,
          >

          > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
          Find out why.

          > When requeue messages from a domain with:

          Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
          faster!

          > mailq | grep domain > /tmp/msgDomain
          > for i in `/tmp/msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done
          >
          > and the following message I returned:
          > postsuper: warning: invalid mail queue id: 07:47:00
          >

          > any sugestions?

          Don't requeue the mails, solve the problem instead.

          --
          Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) snickebo@...
          http://www.arschkrebs.de I'm looking for a job
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008

            Hi,

            On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
            * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
            > Hi,
            >

            > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
            Find out why.

            I think the problem is the following output the log:

            Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
             <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
             from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

            But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
            But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

            But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

            Read [1] is sufficent?

            > When requeue messages from a domain with:

            Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
            faster!

            thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
            mere deception.

            [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

            []´s

            --
            Eduardo Júnior
            GNU/Linux user #423272

            :wq
          • Eduardo Júnior
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008

              Hi,

              * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
              > Hi,
              >

              > my e-mail queue is growing and output of command mailq keeps growing.
              Find out why.

              I think the problem is the following output the log:

              Sep  1 11:14:01 server postfix/smtpd[27522]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.sender[200.17.147.5]: 450 4.7.1
               <recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/myVirtualDomain.html;
               from=<user@sender> to=<recipientlocal@myVirtualDomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.sender>

              But for this example, the message was not delivered immediately and was generated log.
              But for another sender, this message was delivered without the log.

              But after a few minutes, the message that triggered this message of log arrived!

              Read [1] is sufficent?

              > When requeue messages from a domain with:

              Why do you requeue the messages - this is not going to make things
              faster!

              thanks, I thought that with this delivery was faster
              mere deception.

              [1] - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

              The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
              So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

              Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

              thanks.

              --
              Eduardo Júnior
              GNU/Linux user #423272

              :wq
            • Eduardo Júnior
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2008

                Hi,

                The problem was in the configs of postgrey.
                So, the delivery of the messages delayed.

                Read about postgrey + postfix in the postfix´s documentation and ajusted the problem.

                thanks.

                Actually, the warning of the postsuper was not caused by postgrey. But by:

                1 - mailq | grep domain> / tmp / msgDomain
                2 - for i in `/ tmp / msgDomain '; the postsuper-r $ i; done

                In 1, should be:

                mailq | grep domain | cut -d" " -f1 > /tmp/msgDomain

                catching only ID the messages.

                The delay of delivery was being caused by configs wrongs of postgrey.

                [ ]´s

                --
                Eduardo Júnior
                GNU/Linux user #423272