Re: Problem sending to email, getting sender verify failed

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
      On 8/4/2008, fajar (fajarep@...) wrote:
      > The following message to <yyy@...> was undeliverable.
      >
      > The reason for the problem:
      >
      > 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 451-'Sender verify
      > failed'

      Why are you using sender verification? You should NOT use SAV for all
      messages, only for messages destined to domains that you control or have
      already gotten permission to do SAV for, or you WILL evenutally get
      blacklisted.

      Please post postconf -n output...

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles
    • fajar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
        > Why are you using sender verification? You should NOT use SAV for all
        > messages, only for messages destined to domains that you control or have
        > already gotten permission to do SAV for, or you WILL evenutally get
        > blacklisted.
        >
        > Please post postconf -n output...
        >
        > --
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Charles

        Hello Charles,

        This response wasn't generated by our postfix server, but, by remote
        destination mail server, and I believe it is Exim mail server. Our postfix
        mail server is working fine. It can send to other mail server without
        problem. Thanks.

        Fajar
      • Charles Marcus
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
          On 8/4/2008 9:10 PM, fajar wrote:
          >> Why are you using sender verification? You should NOT use SAV for all
          >> messages, only for messages destined to domains that you control or have
          >> already gotten permission to do SAV for, or you WILL evenutally get
          >> blacklisted.
          >>
          >> Please post postconf -n output...

          > This response wasn't generated by our postfix server, but, by remote
          > destination mail server, and I believe it is Exim mail server. Our postfix
          > mail server is working fine. It can send to other mail server without
          > problem. Thanks.

          Sorry... I thought that was from your logs...

          Obviously, then, THEY are trying to perform sender verification on you
          AFTER they have already accepted your message for delivery - which means
          they are engaging in backscatter.

          Still no postconf -n output - how do you expect anyone to help?

          --

          Best regards,

          Charles