Re: unverified sender

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
      Bissio wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have postfix 2.4 and i need to receive messages from address like
      > root@somedomain, but i have reject_unverified_sender in my conf under
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions and this block messages even if i have this
      > email address listed into: check_sender_access
      > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf (mysql record: root@domedomain OK).
      > If i delete reject_unverified_sender from my main.cf, then i receive a lot
      > of spam with forged domain (mine).
      >
      > Thanks

      Please don't top post.

      If your system is configured to reject unknown local
      recipients, you can use the "reject_unlisted_sender" directive
      instead. If you don't have a list of valid local recipients,
      in your mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf table, arrange
      for an entry with a key of your domain, and a result of
      "reject_unverified_sender".
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unlisted_sender
      http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#forged_sender

      It's unwise to verify the sender of all mail that you accept.
      Some admins consider recipient probes as abusive and will
      blacklist you (indistinguishable from a dictionary attack to
      them).

      --
      Noel Jones