unverified sender

  • Bissio
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
      Hi,

      I have postfix 2.4 and i need to receive messages from address like
      root@somedomain, but i have reject_unverified_sender in my conf under
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions and this block messages even if i have this
      email address listed into: check_sender_access
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf (mysql record: root@domedomain OK).
      If i delete reject_unverified_sender from my main.cf, then i receive a lot
      of spam with forged domain (mine).

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
        Bissio wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have postfix 2.4 and i need to receive messages from address like
        > root@somedomain, but i have reject_unverified_sender in my conf under
        > smtpd_recipient_restrictions and this block messages even if i have this
        > email address listed into: check_sender_access
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf (mysql record: root@domedomain OK).
        > If i delete reject_unverified_sender from my main.cf, then i receive a lot
        > of spam with forged domain (mine).
        >
        > Thanks

        Please don't top post.

        If your system is configured to reject unknown local
        recipients, you can use the "reject_unlisted_sender" directive
        instead. If you don't have a list of valid local recipients,
        in your mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf table, arrange
        for an entry with a key of your domain, and a result of
        "reject_unverified_sender".
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unlisted_sender
        http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#forged_sender

        It's unwise to verify the sender of all mail that you accept.
        Some admins consider recipient probes as abusive and will
        blacklist you (indistinguishable from a dictionary attack to
        them).

        --
        Noel Jones