Re: Delayed Email Issues

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
      Tait Grove wrote:
> [...]

      OK, that's good information to share. Your previous mails
      implied that the number of mails in your queue was unusual and
      unexpected, so I withdraw my wild guesses. You need to
      examine your mail logs to see where the delay is. Maybe some
      of the recipient domains are throttling you.

      Is the postfix queue on a SAN? I don't have experience with
      that, but I understand it can cause problems. Maybe someone
      else will comment on that issue.

      > Can you tell me if I am making the same types of mistakes in my master.cf
      > too?
      >
      > MASTER.CF:
      > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
      > -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      > pickup fifo n - n 60 1 pickup
      > cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
      > qmgr fifo n - n 300 1 qmgr
      > tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
      > rewrite unix - - n - - trivial-rewrite
      > bounce unix - - n - 0 bounce
      > defer unix - - n - 0 bounce
      > trace unix - - n - 0 bounce
      > verify unix - - n - 1 verify
      > flush unix n - n 1000? 0 flush
      > proxymap unix - - n - - proxymap
      > smtp unix - - n - 500 smtp
      > relay unix - - n - 275 smtp
      > -o fallback_relay=
      > -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
      > showq unix n - n - - showq
      > error unix - - n - - error
      > retry unix - - n - - error
      > discard unix - - n - - discard
      > local unix - n n - - local
      > virtual unix - n n - - virtual
      > lmtp unix - - n - - lmtp
      > anvil unix - - n - 1 anvil
      > scache unix - - n - 1 scache
      > dovecot unix - n n - - pipe
      > flags=DRhu user=dovecot:dovecot argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
      > ${recipient}
      > vacation unix - n n - - pipe
      > flags=DRhu user=vacation argv=/var/spool/vacation/vacation.pl
      > 8080 inet n - n - - smtpd
      > smtp-amavis unix - - n - 30 smtp
      > -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
      > -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
      > 127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - 30 smtpd
      > -o content_filter=
      > -o local_recipient_maps=
      > -o relay_recipient_maps=
      > -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
      > -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
      > -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
      > -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
      > -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8,10.0.0.0/8,38.119.86.0/25

      on the amavis reinjection port, usually one has
      mynetworks=127.0.0.1
      since there is no reason for others to connect directly to
      that port.

      > -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,
      > $transport_maps,reject

      $transport_maps doesn't belong here.

      > -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes

      what? you want to reject mail from amavis if the envelope is
      botched? remove this.

      --
      Noel Jones