Re: Email delays

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      * Tait Grove <tait@...>:

      > I am having email delays that are over two hours long. I can not figure this
      > out but `qshape` shows thousands of messages in the mail queue, but `mailq`
      > says the that /var/spool/mqueue is empty. I have rebooted several times and
      > flushed everything I can. Anymore ideas for me?

      Yes, don't use sendmail's mailq :)
      (postfix doesn't use "/var/spool/mqueue")

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) snickebo@...
      http://www.arschkrebs.de
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        On 8/1/2008, Tait Grove (tait@...) wrote:
        >> Make sure your system does not accept
        >> mail to undeliverable or invalid recipients.

        > How can I ensure that?

        You could start by reading the answers you are getting and complying...

        You apparently missed this:

        For definite answers rather than guesses, please provide more
        > information; postconf -n, qshape, mailq, log entries of
        > delayed deliveries, etc.
        > http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

        It does actually require you to read, AND comply with the instructions
        there... so far you have not...

        --

        Best regards,

        Charles
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          Tait Grove wrote:

          >>> Make sure your system does not accept
          >>> mail to undeliverable or invalid recipients.
          >
          > How can I ensure that?

          Here's a place to start:
          http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html

          For definite answers rather than guesses, please provide more
          information; postconf -n, qshape, mailq, log entries of
          delayed deliveries, etc.

          Noel Jones