Re: Time of day size restrictions

  • Brian Evans - Postfix List
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2008
      Jeffrey Shawn Klotz wrote:
      > Does anyone know a way to set the message size restriction based on
      > time of day?
      >
      > In the AM I have a large volume of outgoing traffic. If users send
      > large messages it exceeds the bandwith of the circuit.
      > The AM messages are time sensitive so max outgoing performance is
      > critical.
      >
      > In the PM there is very light volume so large messages are not a
      > problem. The PM messages are not time sensitive so slower performance
      > isn't an issue.
      >
      > This is a dedicated list server so if I can restrict the size of
      > incoming mail based on time of day it will also limit the size of the
      > outgoing.
      >
      > Thanks...

      You need a policy daemon that supports ACLs by time.
      Make sure to use a 450 response code so a mailer will try again later.

      Note: this will NOT work on items you are sending out that do not come
      in via smtpd (aka sendmail command).

      A quick check finds www.apolicy.org but I'm sure there are others. (No
      experience with this one, so YMMV.)

      Ralf also has a suggestion.