Re: Using port 25 in a Postfix SSL environment

  • Barney Desmond
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2008
      2008/7/31 Mufit Eribol <hme@...>:
      > My postfix is set up to use SSL on port 465. It works fine except one
      > problem. My RAID software can not establish communication over TLS on port
      > 465. It can use port 25 (or any port without TLS).

      Seeing as you've got the usual smtpd running on port25, why not just
      let the RAID software connect on port 25? You can use firewall rules
      to only allow the machine with the RAID software to use port 25. This
      of course doesn't work if users are on the same machine as the RAID
      software.

      > How can I get Postfix to use port 25 (or any other port without TLS) for
      > RAID software (or just for one specific mail account) keeping all the other
      > users using port 465 only. Whatever I do, I don't want normal accounts use
      > connection without TLS.

      Without authentication, you can't tell different users apart. Besides,
      postfix has no real concept of accounts, you're either allowed or
      denied according to an authentication backend somewhere. Anyway,
      that's all irrelevant because you setup a secure connection before
      anyone ever starts talking about authentication.