unverified sender

  • Bissio
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
      Hi all,

      I cannot receive any message from an email address listed into my mysql
      table: mysql-sender.cf becouse i have in recipient restriction:
      reject_unverified_sender and the sender is something like:
      root@... (not verified).

      How can i bypass reject_unverified_sender whitout put check_sender_access
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf into smtpd_recipient_restrictions (this
      will bypass even other restrctions).

      This is my main.cf:

      #Sender restriction
      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_sender,
      check_sender_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf,
      check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender
      #Recipient restriction
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      permit_mynetworks,
      check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf,
      reject_invalid_hostname,
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_unverified_recipient,
      reject_unverified_sender

      Thanks
      Bissio
    • Robert Schetterer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
        Bissio schrieb:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I cannot receive any message from an email address listed into my mysql
        > table: mysql-sender.cf becouse i have in recipient restriction:
        > reject_unverified_sender and the sender is something like:
        > root@... (not verified).
        >
        > How can i bypass reject_unverified_sender whitout put check_sender_access
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf into smtpd_recipient_restrictions (this
        > will bypass even other restrctions).
        >

        > This is my main.cf:
        >
        > #Sender restriction
        > smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        > check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/restricted_sender,
        > check_sender_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf,
        > check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf,
        > reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        > reject_non_fqdn_sender
        > #Recipient restriction
        > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        > permit_sasl_authenticated,
        > permit_mynetworks,
        > check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf,
        > reject_invalid_hostname,
        > reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        > reject_unauth_destination,
        > reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        > reject_unverified_recipient,
        > reject_unverified_sender
        >
        > Thanks
        > Bissio

        Hi,
        you shouldnt do reject_unverified_sender
        in total, this leads to massive smtp probes to frequent
        forged domains mailservers, so your are going to risk to get banned there
        by backscatter, what reason do you have for
        reject_unverified_recipient ?
        is the host mx backup ?
        you might should post more info, which problem you are exactly trying to
        solve in which setup
        perhaps reject_unlisted_recipient,reject_unlisted_sender are enough
        for your problem

        read
        http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

        --
        Best Regards

        MfG Robert Schetterer

        Germany/Munich/Bavaria
      • Bissio
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 6:47 AM
          Hi,

          I have postfix 2.4 and i need to receive messages from address like
          root@somedomain, but i have reject_unverified_sender in my conf under
          smtpd_recipient_restrictions and this block messages even if i have this
          email address listed into: check_sender_access
          mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf (mysql record: root@domedomain OK).
          If i delete reject_unverified_sender from my main.cf, then i receive a lot
          of spam with forged domain (mine).

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 12:56 PM
            Bissio wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I have postfix 2.4 and i need to receive messages from address like
            > root@somedomain, but i have reject_unverified_sender in my conf under
            > smtpd_recipient_restrictions and this block messages even if i have this
            > email address listed into: check_sender_access
            > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-sender.cf (mysql record: root@domedomain OK).
            > If i delete reject_unverified_sender from my main.cf, then i receive a lot
            > of spam with forged domain (mine).
            >
            > Thanks

            Please don't top post.

            If your system is configured to reject unknown local
            recipients, you can use the "reject_unlisted_sender" directive
            instead. If you don't have a list of valid local recipients,
            in your mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-recipient.cf table, arrange
            for an entry with a key of your domain, and a result of
            "reject_unverified_sender".
            http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unlisted_sender
            http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#forged_sender

            It's unwise to verify the sender of all mail that you accept.
            Some admins consider recipient probes as abusive and will
            blacklist you (indistinguishable from a dictionary attack to
            them).

            --
            Noel Jones