Re: Auto Reply - user account disabled

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 7:55 AM
      On 7/1/2008, Wietse Venema (wietse@...) wrote:
      >> How would I send an auto reply message that a users account has been
      >> disabled?
      >>
      >> example.
      >> incoming message for ' oldusername@... '
      >> bounce
      >> send message " I'm sorry that username is no longer valid "

      > You get this for free, by removing the account from the system.

      Alternatively (since I recently asked the same question), if you want a
      more custom reject message than 'user unknown' (or relocated maps
      provides), you can use a check_recipient_access map in your
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions...

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/x-employees,

      x-employees contains entries like (one entry per line):

      # X-employees we no longer accept mail for
      user1@... REJECT I'm sorry but Name is no longer with CompanyName.
      user2@... REJECT I'm sorry but Name is no longer with CompanyName.

      Don't forget to postmap the x-employees file...

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles