Re: Recipient limit, need advice

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
      Daniel Chojecki:
      > I have checked spamassasin logs and i can see that
      > "To:" field still contains two addresses.
      >
      > Any idea ?

      yes.

      Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.

      Wietse
    • Daniel Chojecki
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
        2008/7/1 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

        > Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.

        ok, so tell me what this change:
        default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

        From documentation:

        default_destination_recipient_limit (default: 50)

        The default maximal number of recipients per message delivery.
        This is the default limit for delivery via the lmtp(8), pipe(8),
        smtp(8) and virtual(8) delivery agents.

        Setting this parameter to a value of 1 changes the meaning of the
        corresponding per-destination concurrency limit from concurrency per
        domain into concurrency per recipient.

        Use transport_destination_recipient_limit to specify a
        transport-specific override, where transport is the master.cf name of
        the message delivery transport.

        I understand that postfix will "copy" email and send the same message
        as many times
        as number of recipients to any delivery agent, am i right ?

        Second thing:
        in my configuration i have:
        spamfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
        when i do
        postconf|grep spamfilter
        i found nothing. Good or bad ?

        --
        Best Regards,
        Daniel Chojecki
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
          Daniel Chojecki:
          > 2008/7/1 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:
          >
          > > Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.
          >
          > ok, so tell me what this change:
          > default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

          This parameter controls the number of recipients per mail delivery
          transaction. With multi-recipient email, it also affects the number
          of mail delivery transactions that Postfix makes. To see how many
          transactions Postfix makes, LOOK AT THE LOGFILE NOT THE TO: FIELD.

          I recommend that you read a book on email principles, before making
          random tweaks to an email system and claiming that it does not
          work.