Re: Recipient limit, need advice

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
      Daniel Chojecki wrote:
      > 2008/6/30 mouss <mouss@...>:
      >

      >> spamfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      >>

      > i have set above parameter and still not working
      > as expected.
      >
      > I have checked spamassasin logs and i can see that
      > "To:" field still contains two addresses.
      >
      > Any idea ?

      then change your spamfilter (it is a script I guess) to print its
      command lines args ($@) to a file so that you can look at them.

      any reason why you don't use amavisd-new?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
        Daniel Chojecki:
        > I have checked spamassasin logs and i can see that
        > "To:" field still contains two addresses.
        >
        > Any idea ?

        yes.

        Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.

        Wietse
      • Daniel Chojecki
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
          2008/7/1 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

          > Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.

          ok, so tell me what this change:
          default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

          From documentation:

          default_destination_recipient_limit (default: 50)

          The default maximal number of recipients per message delivery.
          This is the default limit for delivery via the lmtp(8), pipe(8),
          smtp(8) and virtual(8) delivery agents.

          Setting this parameter to a value of 1 changes the meaning of the
          corresponding per-destination concurrency limit from concurrency per
          domain into concurrency per recipient.

          Use transport_destination_recipient_limit to specify a
          transport-specific override, where transport is the master.cf name of
          the message delivery transport.

          I understand that postfix will "copy" email and send the same message
          as many times
          as number of recipients to any delivery agent, am i right ?

          Second thing:
          in my configuration i have:
          spamfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
          when i do
          postconf|grep spamfilter
          i found nothing. Good or bad ?

          --
          Best Regards,
          Daniel Chojecki
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
            Daniel Chojecki:
            > 2008/7/1 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:
            >
            > > Postfix does not use the To: field for email delivery.
            >
            > ok, so tell me what this change:
            > default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

            This parameter controls the number of recipients per mail delivery
            transaction. With multi-recipient email, it also affects the number
            of mail delivery transactions that Postfix makes. To see how many
            transactions Postfix makes, LOOK AT THE LOGFILE NOT THE TO: FIELD.

            I recommend that you read a book on email principles, before making
            random tweaks to an email system and claiming that it does not
            work.