how to filter/restrict smtp

  • janskey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi All,

      I need some advice on how I can filter my smtp(postfix). Here is the scenario:
      - currently we have 9 servers + 1 smtp. all servers are inside the firewall.
       1. prod-01.dc.test.com
       2. prod-02.dc.test.com
       3. prod-03.dc.test.com
       4. prod-04.dc.test.com
       5. ....05
       6. ....06
       7. nagios.dc.test.com
       8. jira.dc.test.com
       9. wiki.dc.test.com
       10. smtp.dc.test.com

      My problem is how can I filter out:
      -  if originator is prod-xx.dc.test.com uses smtp, it can send to any recipient
      -  if non-prod-xx server, only @... recipient will be sent; ignore none @...

      I tried looking on this solution http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html , but don't know how to construct my class. I'm also confused on
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions and smtpd_sender_restrictions. Which is best solution will do on this problem?

      cheers,

      janskey