Re: allow_mail_to_commands does not work..

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2008
      Wojtek Bogusz:
      > hi, i'd like to configure postfix so i can use LDAP aliases and also
      > /etc/aliases. i have to make some of the aliases pass emails to commands
      > (for mailman for example). with the configuration i have now it does not
      > work. and i cannot figure out what is wrong. my /etc/aliases is:

      As documented (man 5 postconf):

      allow_mail_to_commands (default: alias, forward)
      Restrict local(8) mail delivery to external commands. The default is
      to disallow delivery to "|command" in :include: files (see aliases(5)
      for the text that defines this terminology).

      In other words, it works for the LOCAL delivery agent not for
      VIRTUAL ALIASES. See VIRTUAL_README for how to do commands in
      virtual aliases.

      Wietse