Re: Best practices: many domains

    Message 1 of 14 , May 29, 2008
      On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:43:11PM -0400, Randy Ramsdell wrote:

      > I was more interested in the finer theoretical differences between the
      > two or if mouse knew of any "gotchas." We simply have the standard
      > format entries and zero "corner cases."

      Virtual alias domains are like a directory full of symbolic links, each
      address must rewrite to a real address in some *other* (real) domain.
      The namespace for each domain is separate from all other domains
      and system users.

      A possible use case is to rewrite virtual users to underlying system
      users in a single local domain (which may not be directly addressable
      by outside senders).

      Local domains are to be thought of as aliases for the machine's name,
      with user@$myhostname or user@$myhostnamalias to be thought of as
      the mailbox of the unix account "user".