Re: repeated sending to majordomo list

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2008
      On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:02:26AM +1200, m.c.wilkins@... wrote:

      > Are you saying I could get multiple deliveries in a
      > case like so:
      >
      > mylist-outgoing :include:/var/spool/majordomo/lists/mylist, directfoobar@...
      > owner-mylist-outgoing me@...
      >
      > and the directfoobar@... soft fails?

      Yes, exactly. Because alias expansion is the local(8) delivery agent, any
      retries are necessarily for the entire alias, not just the failed part.
      And the problem only happens when "directfoobar@..." is a local
      address.

      > Is that what you mean by
      > other "direct" recipients? Or do you mean when someone sends an email
      > to mylist and anotherperson@... (say) and the
      > anotherperson@... soft fails?

      No, that would be severely broken. Seperate real recipients fail
      or succeed independently.