Re: Rejecting International Email

  • Henrik K
    Message 1 of 54 , Apr 30, 2008
      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:42:01PM +0000, D Hill wrote:
      > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 at 08:58 -0400, terry@... confabulated:
      >
      >> We tried greylisting. It's a little helpful, but the delay was really
      >> annoying the users. And for large companies that bounce outbound mail
      >> around to multiple servers after a 4xx reject, some messages would
      >> never get through because the greylist time would expire before that
      >> sender/recipient/sending ip came back around.
      >
      > Sounds like you were greylisting on the entire IP address. Here, I only
      > greylist on the first three octets of the IP address. I saw the exact
      > same results as you at first using the entire IP address.

      Just use selective greylisting. No point greylisting something that's
      clearly a legit server.

      See http://hege.li/howto/spam/etc/postfix/in/ for some examples.
    • M. Fioretti
      Message 54 of 54 , May 1, 2008
        On Thu, May 01, 2008 09:37:48 AM -0400, Terry Carmen wrote:

        > The customer, not me, selects which countries they wish to accept mail
        > from. I explained that the IP allocation lists were close, but not perfect
        > and that they will need to whitelist and blacklist various CIDR blocks that
        > are incorrectly allocated.
        >
        > And I gave them a configuration application to do it from.

        OK, great. This wasn't clear, not to me at least, from your original assertion.

        Marco

        software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/node/84