Rejecting International Email

  • Carlos Williams
    Message 1 of 54 , Apr 29, 2008
      I am currently running Postfix postfix-2.2.10-1.1.el4 and I am finding
      a few spam emails slip through the cracks that are from .ca, nz, jp,
      nl, and other common countries known for spam. Is there a way I can
      have Postfix reject all email except for .mil, .edu, .us, .com, .net,
      .org, and other legit domain extensions?

      I tried searching Google and the Postfix site but was not sure if my
      verbiage was correct. I don't know where this would go. I would assume
      this would be a header_check parameter but how that appears I just
      don't know...

      Anyone care to assist me in this matter?

      I don't know if it matters so here are some logs of them slipping through:

      [root@mail ~]# cat /var/log/maillog | grep "<carsten.kramm@...>"
      Apr 29 11:35:26 mail postfix/qmgr[29577]: C305D15C06C:
      from=<carsten.kramm@...>, size=913, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Apr 29 11:35:26 mail postfix/qmgr[29577]: 47F0815C06E:
      from=<carsten.kramm@...>, size=1368, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Apr 29 11:35:26 mail amavis[1320]: (01320-11) Passed CLEAN,
      [72.248.68.127] [72.248.68.127] <carsten.kramm@...> ->
      <cwilliams@...>, Message-ID:
      <000801c8aa0e$0310717c$c30cc995@oldrwvj>, mail_id: phcAFLJ4UAyB, Hits:
      -, size: 913, queued_as: 47F0815C06E, 125 ms

      There are more I am sure...

      Thanks for any info!
    • M. Fioretti
      Message 54 of 54 , May 1, 2008
        On Thu, May 01, 2008 09:37:48 AM -0400, Terry Carmen wrote:

        > The customer, not me, selects which countries they wish to accept mail
        > from. I explained that the IP allocation lists were close, but not perfect
        > and that they will need to whitelist and blacklist various CIDR blocks that
        > are incorrectly allocated.
        >
        > And I gave them a configuration application to do it from.

        OK, great. This wasn't clear, not to me at least, from your original assertion.

        Marco

        software is used *around* you: http://digifreedom.net/node/84