Re: smtp proxy

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2008
      On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:23:22AM +0330, Nasser Heidari wrote:

      > I want to inspect emails for spam!

      This is too vague, everyone wants to inspect email for spam. What
      inspection methods/engines do you want to use? Is the proxy required
      to be an after-queue content filter or a pre-queue proxy filter?

      I use a commercial filter integrated into the Proxy via a dynamically
      loaded module that encapsulates the commercial filter API. The proxy
      will be open, the (plugin) spam filter module I use will only be useful
      to those who buy the vendor product.

      > Let me know what proxy software you use?

      It is not yet publically released. Want to help with documentation? If
      someone can polish the docs, I can accelerate the release. The proxy
      in question is postqueue-only. The I/O code expects Postfix to prevent
      absurdly long logical headers or physical body lines.

      > By the way, my second problem is I'm afraid if I redirect all my SMTP traffic
      > to one server (proxy), may be its IP address get into blacklist!!!

      This betrays significant confusion on your part... You may be better off
      with pre-integrated commercial software/appliances. The open-source tools
      give you more control, but may require more skill to integrate.