Re: [HEADS UP] remove ordb from your systems

  • Frog
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008
      mouss wrote:.

      > did you miss the first line of that page? It says:

      Yes indeed I did miss it because I never saw it. (see below)
      > * Note: this web page is no longer maintained. It exists only to avoid
      > breaking links in web pages that describe earlier versions of the
      > Postfix mail
      It's rather pointless putting such a tiny insignificant disclaimer that
      is barely noticible at the top of a page especially when one does not
      even see the top of the page to begin with.

      Why does one not see the top of the page you might ask?

      Because google sent me to an anchored link:
      http://www.postfix.org/uce.html#header_checks

      My suggestion was to remove a single line from the examples to prevent
      someone using it in error. Pointing to a stupid disclaimer does not
      resolve that issue especially as in my case I never saw it to begin
      with. As no doubt many others will not see it either.

      If your documentation is outdated the why is such a page so obviously
      available as in the mainstream documentation?

      If it is depreciated then maybe the URL could point to something a
      little less official looking. Maybe something like /old/use.html.

      These are merely my observations and experiences. No doubt you feel
      empowered by pointing out what you think as the obvious.

      Regards
      Frog