change final recipient

  • maximatt
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      hi....

      i have a domain "prueba.org" that is the real domain, but i want to accept "pp.prueba.org" domain...
      in other words, if i have "toto1@..." account (virtual), i want to accept "toto1@...", and these mail delivered to "toto1@..." mailbox...

      i tryed to use "relocated_maps" and others parameters, but i could do them yet...

      ┬┐any suggests? :(

      Thanks in advance ;)

      --
      Salu2 ;)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
        maximatt wrote:
        > hi....
        >
        > i have a domain "prueba.org" that is the real domain, but i want to accept "
        > pp.prueba.org" domain...
        > in other words, if i have "toto1@..." account (virtual), i want to
        > accept "toto1@...", and these mail delivered to "toto1@..."
        > mailbox...
        >
        > i tryed to use "relocated_maps" and others parameters, but i could do them
        > yet...

        add pp.prueba.org to virtual_alias_domains and add

        toto1@... toto1@...

        to virtual_alias_maps and that's it. use a script to generate the
        virtual aliases or use sql/ldap.

        don't use wildcard aliases because they rebak recipient validation.
        generate per user entries, and only for valid users.
      • Dan Farrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:04:38 +0200
          mouss <mouss@...> wrote:

          > maximatt wrote:
          > > hi....
          > >
          > > i have a domain "prueba.org" that is the real domain, but i want to
          > > accept " pp.prueba.org" domain...
          > > in other words, if i have "toto1@..." account (virtual), i
          > > want to accept "toto1@...", and these mail delivered to
          > > "toto1@..." mailbox...
          > >
          > > i tryed to use "relocated_maps" and others parameters, but i could
          > > do them yet...
          > >

          > add pp.prueba.org to virtual_alias_domains and add
          >
          > toto1@... toto1@...
          >
          > to virtual_alias_maps and that's it. use a script to generate the
          > virtual aliases or use sql/ldap.
          >
          > don't use wildcard aliases because they rebak recipient validation.
          > generate per user entries, and only for valid users.

          wouldn't this be a good time to use masquerad_domains, gurus?
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
            Dan Farrell wrote:
            > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:04:38 +0200
            > mouss <mouss@...> wrote:
            >

            >> maximatt wrote:
            >>
            >>> hi....
            >>>
            >>> i have a domain "prueba.org" that is the real domain, but i want to
            >>> accept " pp.prueba.org" domain...
            >>> in other words, if i have "toto1@..." account (virtual), i
            >>> want to accept "toto1@...", and these mail delivered to
            >>> "toto1@..." mailbox...
            >>>
            >>> i tryed to use "relocated_maps" and others parameters, but i could
            >>> do them yet...
            >>>

            >> add pp.prueba.org to virtual_alias_domains and add
            >>
            >> toto1@... toto1@...
            >>
            >> to virtual_alias_maps and that's it. use a script to generate the
            >> virtual aliases or use sql/ldap.
            >>
            >> don't use wildcard aliases because they rebak recipient validation.
            >> generate per user entries, and only for valid users.
            >>

            > wouldn't this be a good time to use masquerad_domains, gurus?

            OP doesn't want to hide the domain.

            The real issue here is recipient validation, not rewrite. rewrite is
            easily implemented with a wildcard alias but this breaks recipient
            validation.

            if the domain was local (in mydestination), adding pp.example.com to
            mydestination is enough. but for other domains, the list of valid
            recipients is needed.
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2008
              maximatt wrote:
              > mmmm i think i have my server config worng....
              >
              > but my dude is about, it if mail atribute is wrong.. because i set them like
              > user@..." and not like "user@...".

              I don't use ldap.
              > these its ok? (that is.. the best practique is set @... and
              > masquerade the domain)
              > exist a convention about them?

              it's a site decision. I don't use subdomains except for specific "tasks"
              and when I do so, they have their own addresses. if it's for the same
              users, I don't see why I would use a subdomain. If filtering is needed,
              an extension (recipient_delimiter) is enough.