Transport map question

  • Dick Middleton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 4:04 AM
      Re: transport(5) TABLE SEARCH ORDER

      .domain transport:nexthop

      If transport_maps is *not* listed in parent_domain_matches_subdomains
      do I need 2 entries to match domain and sub.domain

      as in

      .domain blahblah
      domain blahblah

      or does 'any subdomain' include no subdomain?

      Dick
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 7:04 AM
        On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:04:04PM +0100, Dick Middleton wrote:

        > Re: transport(5) TABLE SEARCH ORDER
        >
        > .domain transport:nexthop
        >
        > If transport_maps is *not* listed in parent_domain_matches_subdomains
        > do I need 2 entries to match domain and sub.domain
        >
        > as in
        >
        > .domain blahblah
        > domain blahblah
        >
        > or does 'any subdomain' include no subdomain?

        You need two entries, it is not recommended that you use "p_d_m_s" with
        transport lookups. If possible, make "p_d_m_s" empty.