Re: rewritten log

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 07:02:10PM +0200, Pavel Urban wrote:

      > The original problem was that qmgr logged sender's address of the mail
      > coming from 'outside' as rewritten, while in fact it wasn't rewritten.

      That's not really a problem, just some information loss in the logs about
      which messages used the legacy address. This can be solved by getting
      smtpd to log the original address as a warning, when the domain is the
      old domain.

      > You said that it could be fixed by using 'generic' rewrite mechanism
      > instead of 'sender_canonical_maps', but I only need to rewrite senders
      > of mails coming from 'inside' (ie mynetworks). I'm not sure if my
      > approach (using local_header_rewrite_clients) works for generic maps, too.

      The generic mapping can be configured differently for the "relay" transport
      (should be used for inbound mail) and the "smtp" transport (should be
      used for outgoing mail). Either "-o options" in master.cf or separate
      Postfix instances for inbound/outbound.