Re: SMTP+TLS and Mail.app

  • Kevin Stevens
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2008
      On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Robin Helgelin wrote:

      > On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Steve Finkelstein <sf@...> wrote:
      >> Hi all,
      >>
      >> This probably applies more to some OS/X forum, and if so, I sincerely
      >> apologize. I just figured someone active in the Postfix community has
      >> dealt with the same issue as I'm dealing with now. I'm running a
      >> postfix based MTA, and enforce TLS over SMTP for authentication with
      >> SASL. Works wonderful with all MUAs including Thunderbird, etc. I'm
      >> having a ton of trouble with Mail.app. For one odd reason or another,
      >> it doesn't wish to deal with self-signed certificates. I'm going to be
      >> purchasing a GoDaddy certificate shortly, but regardless, this is kind
      >> of silly of Mail.app.
      >
      > I don't have any problems using self-signed certificates with
      > Mail.app. Currently I'm using a certificate from cacert.org without
      > problems.

      Same here. In fact, there's an Apple kbase article on how to accept a
      certificate, and it uses a self-signed cert as an example. I do agree you
      probably need to take your issue to an OS X forum, though. Have you tried
      the Apple Support user forums? An less interactive alternative would be
      macosxhints.com

      KeS