I'm getting a odd postdrop error -- could somebody please explain

  • Rob Tanner
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I get an odd postdrop error on one of my servers whenever a program running out of cron attempts to mail its output.  The error is: "
      postdrop: warning: uid=0: ignoring attribute record: rewrite_context=local".  What does that mean?

      Thanks,
      Rob

      --
      Rob Tanner
      UNIX Services Manager
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:28:35PM -0800, Rob Tanner wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I get an odd postdrop error on one of my servers whenever a program
        > running out of cron attempts to mail its output. The error is:
        > "postdrop: warning: uid=0: ignoring attribute record:
        > rewrite_context=local". What does that mean?

        Your Postfix installation is broken. The "sendmail" binary is from a
        more recent release than the "postdrop" binary. Or command_directory
        in main.cf is set to the wrong place.