sender_dependent_transport_maps

  • Daniel Kauffman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Are there plans to implement sender_dependent_transport_maps, or does
      similar functionality already exist?

      I would like to set myhostname and smtp_bind_address for each sender
      domain. This would allow mail from each sender domain to originate from
      a unique ip address for that sender domain. One of the benefits is that
      if one of my clients ends up on a blacklist, none of my other clients
      are affected. Also, such a setup makes it easy to track bandwidth usage
      by ip address.

      Here is a proposed configuration...

      In main.cf:

      sender_dependent_transport_maps = sender_dependent_transport_maps.cf

      In sender_dependent_transport_maps.cf:

      sender.com sendertransport:nexthop

      In master.cf:

      sendertransport unix - - n - - smtp
      -o myhostname=sender.com
      -o smtp_bind_address=0.0.0.0

      Pointers to existing wheels are greatly appreciated!

      Thanks!

      Daniel Kauffman
    • Justin Piszcz
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Daniel Kauffman wrote:

        > Are there plans to implement sender_dependent_transport_maps, or does similar
        > functionality already exist?
        >
        > I would like to set myhostname and smtp_bind_address for each sender domain.
        > This would allow mail from each sender domain to originate from a unique ip
        > address for that sender domain. One of the benefits is that if one of my
        > clients ends up on a blacklist, none of my other clients are affected. Also,
        > such a setup makes it easy to track bandwidth usage by ip address.
        >
        > Here is a proposed configuration...
        >
        > In main.cf:
        >
        > sender_dependent_transport_maps = sender_dependent_transport_maps.cf
        >

        > In sender_dependent_transport_maps.cf:
        >
        > sender.com sendertransport:nexthop
        >

        > In master.cf:
        >
        > sendertransport unix - - n - - smtp
        > -o myhostname=sender.com
        > -o smtp_bind_address=0.0.0.0
        >

        > Pointers to existing wheels are greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Daniel Kauffman

        This has been asked before, the solution is to run 2 instances of postfix.

        Justin.