Re: filling incoming queue

  • Pavel Urban
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
      Victor Duchovni wrote:
      > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:32:05PM +0100, Pavel Urban wrote:
      >
      > SAN could be slower, Postfix probably cares more about latency than
      > bandwidth. Is the SAN caching on the controler inside your machine
      > or on the controller in the array? (More likely the latter).
      >
      > In any case, I get ~200 msgs/sec on Dell 2850 class hardware with Battery
      > RAID cache (onboard no SAN) enabled. That's 12,000 per minute, and you
      > are topping out at 1/12th of that, so either the NVRAM cache is disabled
      > or too small.
      >
      > Your volume of deferred mail also seems high. Are you scanning the
      > deferred queue too often?

      I think it will make big difference. These are Sun's X4200, they are
      ment to be connected to SAN or to an external array - they have SAS
      disks and some highly suspicious onboard RAID controller. I hope 2GBit
      FC infrastructure and FC arrays (yes, with cache on array's controller,
      but anyway) should be enough.

      I haven't modified anything about queue scanning interval.

      Pavel Urban (pavel.urban (at) o2.com)
      O2 system disaster
      Telefonica O2 Czech Republic, a.s. - www.cz.o2.com
      Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
      Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/