Re: smtpd restrictions: allow mynetworks, auth smtp but nothing else

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2008
      David Koski wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > How can restrictions be applied so mynetworks and authenticated SMTP are
      > allowed but nothing else? We hava a postfix server that receives email from
      > an external MX spam filter and want to restrict Internet users from direct
      > SMTP access to the postfix/dovecot server.
      >
      > Regards,
      > David Koski
      > david@...

      Is this external MX spam filter your own box or some outside
      service? If it's some third party not under your direct
      control you probably don't want to add them to mynetworks and
      allow them relay access.

      # main.cf
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks
      permit_sasl_authenticated
      reject_unauth_destination
      check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/allowed_clients
      reject

      # allowed_clients
      # list IPs of external MX
      192.0.1.22 OK