Re: many check_policy_service directives

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2008
      DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar wrote:
      > hello all.
      >
      > I'm not quite new to postfix, but having problem configuring policy
      > service on my email server. I used greylisting combined with postfix
      > blacklisting feature. And some time ago I found policyd-weight,
      > checks many parameters, and many black lists, useful for me. But had
      > problem combining postgrey and policyd-weight. If I configure one of
      > them alone, it run's perfectly without any problem. And if I configure
      > to use both of them postfix checks only policyd-weight, but not
      > postgrey. And also it seems order of check_policy_service doesn't
      > matter. Below excerpt from my configuration:
      >
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      > check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000,
      > check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:12525,
      >
      > I did some search on documentation of postfix policy and user
      > restriction, and also google search. But not found anything useful for
      > this problem. It it possible to configure more than one
      > check_policy_service service?

      All defined policy services are checked in the order you specify.

      The behavior you are seeing is because postgrey returns
      DEFER_IF_PERMIT (as do most greylisting programs) which tells
      postfix "don't defer mail immedeatly, but wait to see if a
      later test will give a permanent reject".
      The idea is you don't want to greylist mail you know you won't
      accept later.

      This means that policyd-weight will reject mail regardless of
      where you put the postgrey check.

      If you don't like this behavior, change postgrey to return
      DEFER rather than DEFER_IF_PERMIT.

      --
      Noel Jones