Re: MYSQL virtual setup

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
      Markus Edholm:
      > Hi List
      >
      > I?m feeling quite puzzled
      >
      > I have an "ordinary" mailserver that I now extended with an mysql table for
      > virtual mail forwarding.
      >
      > but I dont understand following error from mail.log:
      >
      > Jan 1 15:52:23 postfix postfix/trivial-rewrite[22495]: warning: do not list
      > domain orebro.example.net in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
      > relay_domains = example.net
      > virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

      What is the output of:

      $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found

      The output should be: "not found".

      Wietse
    • Markus Edholm
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
        Wietse Venema wrote:
        > Markus Edholm:
        > [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
        >> Hi List
        >>
        >> I?m feeling quite puzzled
        >>
        >> I have an "ordinary" mailserver that I now extended with an mysql table for
        >> virtual mail forwarding.
        >>
        >> but I dont understand following error from mail.log:
        >>
        >> Jan 1 15:52:23 postfix postfix/trivial-rewrite[22495]: warning: do not list
        >> domain orebro.example.net in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
        >> relay_domains = example.net
        >> virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        >
        > What is the output of:
        >
        > $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
        >
        > The output should be: "not found".
        >
        > Wietse

        Hi!

        No

        #!/bin/bash
        postmap -q orebro.example.net mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf \
        || echo not found

        output:
        Örebro lokalavdelning

        So it replys with description field from mysql

        (I take as you wanted me to run it as bash script)
        from prompt I got:

        /etc/postfix# $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
        -bash: $: command not found
        not found

        Hmm, My file:
        /etc/postfix# cat mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        user = postfixadmin
        password = xxxxxxx
        hosts = localhost
        dbname = postfix
        query = SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='%s' AND active = '1'

        I have used several different "howtos" maby I made some misstake and using wrong
        files?

        /Markus
      • Markus Edholm
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
          Wietse Venema wrote:
          > Markus Edholm:
          > [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
          >> Hi List
          >>
          >> I?m feeling quite puzzled
          >>
          >> I have an "ordinary" mailserver that I now extended with an mysql table for
          >> virtual mail forwarding.
          >>
          >> but I dont understand following error from mail.log:
          >>
          >> Jan 1 15:52:23 postfix postfix/trivial-rewrite[22495]: warning: do not list
          >> domain orebro.example.net in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
          >> relay_domains = example.net
          >> virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          >
          > What is the output of:
          >
          > $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
          > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
          >
          > The output should be: "not found".
          >
          > Wietse

          OK, I see, sorry I did not told you whole story that spells "postfixadmin".
          There I been forced to add new domain before add alias for that same virtual
          domain. Then because it is a subdomain that I added I end up with error.
          The mail works anyhow but it is not comfortable with errors and warnings in log.

          If I remove the domain from postfix.domain in mysql the error is gone, but then
          I loose ability to add new aliases with postfixadmin web tool.

          So I made some more testing and added an other domain and alias (not subdomain
          to mydomain)
          with postfixadmin, and then All work without warnings for
          virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains

          How to overcome subdomain issue ? or is it an issue?

          /Markus
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
            Markus Edholm wrote:
            > Wietse Venema wrote:
            >> Markus Edholm:
            >> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
            >>> Hi List
            >>>
            >>> I?m feeling quite puzzled
            >>>
            >>> I have an "ordinary" mailserver that I now extended with an mysql table for
            >>> virtual mail forwarding.
            >>>
            >>> but I dont understand following error from mail.log:
            >>>
            >>> Jan 1 15:52:23 postfix postfix/trivial-rewrite[22495]: warning: do not list
            >>> domain orebro.example.net in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
            >>> relay_domains = example.net
            >>> virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
            >> What is the output of:
            >>
            >> $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
            >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
            >>
            >> The output should be: "not found".
            >>
            >> Wietse
            >
            > Hi!
            >
            > No
            >
            > #!/bin/bash
            > postmap -q orebro.example.net mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf \
            > || echo not found
            >
            > output:
            > Örebro lokalavdelning

            so orebro.example.net is a virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
            (the latter is probably because of parent_domain_matches_subdomains).

            if this is a virtual mailbox domain, then adjust
            parent_domain_matches_subdomains.

            > So it replys with description field from mysql

            if it replies, then it is a virtual mailbox domain. make sure not any
            domain is a virtual mailbox one.

            > (I take as you wanted me to run it as bash script)
            > from prompt I got:
            >
            > /etc/postfix# $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
            > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
            > -bash: $: command not found
            > not found

            remove the '$' and try again (the '$' was meant as the prompt). run the
            following command:

            postmap -q orebro.example.net \
            mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found

            but it's the same as from a shell script.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
              Markus Edholm wrote:
              > Wietse Venema wrote:
              >> Markus Edholm:
              >> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
              >>> Hi List
              >>>
              >>> I?m feeling quite puzzled
              >>>
              >>> I have an "ordinary" mailserver that I now extended with an mysql table for
              >>> virtual mail forwarding.
              >>>
              >>> but I dont understand following error from mail.log:
              >>>
              >>> Jan 1 15:52:23 postfix postfix/trivial-rewrite[22495]: warning: do not list
              >>> domain orebro.example.net in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
              >>> relay_domains = example.net
              >>> virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
              >> What is the output of:
              >>
              >> $ postmap -q orebro.example.net \
              >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf || echo not found
              >>
              >> The output should be: "not found".
              >>
              >> Wietse
              >
              > OK, I see, sorry I did not told you whole story that spells "postfixadmin".
              > There I been forced to add new domain before add alias for that same virtual
              > domain. Then because it is a subdomain that I added I end up with error.
              > The mail works anyhow but it is not comfortable with errors and warnings in log.
              >
              > If I remove the domain from postfix.domain in mysql the error is gone, but then
              > I loose ability to add new aliases with postfixadmin web tool.
              >
              > So I made some more testing and added an other domain and alias (not subdomain
              > to mydomain)
              > with postfixadmin, and then All work without warnings for
              > virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains
              >
              > How to overcome subdomain issue ? or is it an issue?

              parent_domain_matches_subdomains =

              and specify subdomains explicitely when needed (add '.domain' version
              anywhere you rely on subdomains of 'domain'). see postconf(5) for more
              infos.