postfix addons question

  • Nishant Limbachia
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi List members,

      I have postfix server for my domain and although everything is working
      fine, I had some question on the necessity/effectiveness of addon
      software that goes with postfix. I am looking for answers since this
      is my personal setup and I have little idea how it is done in the real
      world...you can say I'm trying to educate myself.

      My setup includes:
      Slackware 12.0
      Postfix 2.4.6
      ClamAV 0.92
      ClamSMTP 0.9
      SpamAssassin 3.2.3
      Policyd 1.82
      Dovecot/Deliver 1.0.10

      Here are my smtpd_recipient_restrictions (in the exact order). All
      the restrictions are taken from reading Hildebrandt and Koetter book on
      postfix and this list.

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      reject_non_fqdn_sender,
      reject_unknown_address,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
      reject_unknown_client_hostname,
      reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname,
      permit_mynetworks,
      check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/internal_networks,
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/not_our_domain_as_sender,
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/roleaccount_exceptions,
      check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_checks,
      check_sender_mx_access cidr:/etc/postfix/bogus_mx,
      reject_rhsbl_sender bogusmx.rfc-ignorant.org,
      reject_rhsbl_sender dsn.rfc-ignorant.org,
      reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net,
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
      reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
      reject_rbl_client multi.uribl.com,
      reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
      check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031,
      permit

      I want to know if using policyd and spamassassin together makes good
      sense i.e. is it done in the real world? Also should I put the policy
      service above all the rbl checks?

      Thanks in advance...
      HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

      ----