regexp and pcre map support?

  • Paul Goyette
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
      Sorry if this has been answered before - I'm new to the list and I
      haven't found a searchable archive...

      I'm trying to install postfix with either regexp or pcre support. This
      is on a NetBSD system, but I'm pretty sure my problem is not related to
      that... I have pcre-7.4 installed already, and the installation adds
      -DHAS_PCRE to the compile commands.

      But it seems that src/global/mkmap_open.c doesn't have any inclusion of
      either regexp or pcre maps in its table of valid map types, nor does
      there seem to be any source file mkmap_regexp.c or mkmap_pcre.c which
      would provide an appropriate mkmap_{regexp,pcre}_open() definition.
      I've checked the distribution files for versions 2.4.6 and 2.5 with no
      luck.

      Any clues on where these files went?

      | Paul Goyette | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: | E-mail addresses: |
      | Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul@... |
      | Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@... |
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
        Paul Goyette:
        > Sorry if this has been answered before - I'm new to the list and I
        > haven't found a searchable archive...
        >
        > I'm trying to install postfix with either regexp or pcre support. This
        > is on a NetBSD system, but I'm pretty sure my problem is not related to
        > that... I have pcre-7.4 installed already, and the installation adds
        > -DHAS_PCRE to the compile commands.
        >
        > But it seems that src/global/mkmap_open.c doesn't have any inclusion of
        > either regexp or pcre maps in its table of valid map types, nor does
        > there seem to be any source file mkmap_regexp.c or mkmap_pcre.c which
        > would provide an appropriate mkmap_{regexp,pcre}_open() definition.

        Why do you believe that there should be such files?

        Wietse

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
          On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Wietse Venema wrote:

          >> But it seems that src/global/mkmap_open.c doesn't have any inclusion of
          >> either regexp or pcre maps in its table of valid map types, nor does
          >> there seem to be any source file mkmap_regexp.c or mkmap_pcre.c which
          >> would provide an appropriate mkmap_{regexp,pcre}_open() definition.
          >
          > Why do you believe that there should be such files?

          Well, a combination of things:

          1. "postmap -q pcre:map <keyvalue>" complains about an unsupported map
          type
          2. "postconf -m" includes both regexp and pcre in its output
          3. specifying a "transport_maps = pcre:Tmap" results in a similar
          "unsupported map type" error message
          4. the only place where the text "unsupported map type" occurs in the
          source files is in global/mkmap_open.c where the message is printed
          if the map type isn't found in the list of mkmap_types
          5. the definition (earlier in global/mkmap_open.c) of the mkmap_types
          array doesn't have an entry for either pcre or regexp although it
          does have entries for cdb, sdbm, dbm, hash, and btree; the first
          three of entries specify an mkmap_*_open() routine in files
          global/mkmap_{cdb,dbm,sdbm}.c
          6. since hash and btree _don't_ have such a file, I hoped that maybe
          global/mkmap_open.c was simply missing the map type entry, so I
          added one in hopes that the mkmap_pcre_open() symbol would magically
          resolved at link time. But it wasn't.

          Bottom line is, it doesn't seem to work and I need help to fix that.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
            Paul Goyette:
            > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Wietse Venema wrote:
            >
            > >> But it seems that src/global/mkmap_open.c doesn't have any inclusion of
            > >> either regexp or pcre maps in its table of valid map types, nor does
            > >> there seem to be any source file mkmap_regexp.c or mkmap_pcre.c which
            > >> would provide an appropriate mkmap_{regexp,pcre}_open() definition.
            > >
            > > Why do you believe that there should be such files?
            >
            > Well, a combination of things:
            >
            > 1. "postmap -q pcre:map <keyvalue>" complains about an unsupported map
            > type

            RTFM. The syntax is:

            postmap -q LOOKUPKEY pcre:map
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
              Paul Goyette:
              > 3. specifying a "transport_maps = pcre:Tmap" results in a similar
              > "unsupported map type" error message

              Please quote THE COMPLETE UNMODIFIED error message.

              Wietse
            • Paul Goyette
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
                On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Wietse Venema wrote:

                >> 1. "postmap -q pcre:map <keyvalue>" complains about an unsupported map
                >> type
                >
                > RTFM. The syntax is:
                >
                > postmap -q LOOKUPKEY pcre:map

                Ooops!

                Sorry for all the noise.

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
                  On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Wietse Venema wrote:

                  > Paul Goyette:
                  >> 3. specifying a "transport_maps = pcre:Tmap" results in a similar
                  >> "unsupported map type" error message
                  >
                  > Please quote THE COMPLETE UNMODIFIED error message.

                  Seems to be working now...

                  Again, sorry for the noise.