Re: courier -authdaemond with mysql: connection error, even all parameters are ok!

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 26, 2007
      Oskar Eyb wrote:
      > mouss,
      >

      > Postfix useses successfully the database, as the log shows:
      >

      > 071226 12:26:11 59 Connect postfix@127.0.0.2 on postfix
      > 59 Query SELECT domain FROM domain WHERE
      > domain='tu-berlin.de' and backupmx = '1'
      > 59 Query SELECT domain FROM domain WHERE
      > domain='de' and backupmx = '1'

      you didn't show the postfix config file.

      >> PS. why are you using 127.0.0.2? such games are fun for a few days,
      >> but don't bring much...
      >
      > Because it's a jail.
      > What do you mean?

      127.0.0.2 is not a jail. it's an IP address. you probably use it to
      avoid "some" connections, but again, it brings nothing.

      >> Make sure authdaemon is using the right password. test with
      >> # mysql -h 127.0.0.2 -u postfix -pmypassword postfix
      >> > select count(*) from mailbox;
      >> > \q
      >

      > No problem:
      >
      > mysql> select count(*) from mailbox;
      > +----------+
      > | count(*) |
      > +----------+
      > | 2 |
      > +----------+
      > 1 row in set (0.03 sec)
      >

      > mysql> select user, host, password from user where user='postfix';
      > +---------+-----------+-------------------------------------------+
      > | user | host | password |
      > +---------+-----------+-------------------------------------------+
      > | postfix | 127.0.0.2 | xxx (edit by me) |
      > | postfix | localhost | xxx |
      > +---------+-----------+-------------------------------------------+
      > 2 rows in set (0.12 sec)
      >

      > mysql> select user, host, db from db where user='postfix';
      > | user | host | db |
      > | postfix | 127.0.0.2 | postfix |
      > | postfix | localhost | postfix |
      > 2 rows in set (0.10 sec)

      make sure the password you put in authmysqlrc is the one you used here.
      Otherwise I see no problem. if in doubt, ask on a courier-* list.