How to stop SPAM to postmaster

  • Jack Raats
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 25, 2007
        Jack Raats:
        -- Start of PGP signed section.
        > Hi,
        >
        > The last 24 hours I received a lot of spam for the postmaster. All these spam is filtered by spamassassin. But is it possible to filter these spam using postfix? Most of the spam for my users is filtered by postfix, but somehow it seems not to work for the postmaster account.
        >
        > Thanks for your time

        Try:

        postconf -e 'address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender'

        This is the default as of Postfix 2.5.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 25, 2007
          Jack Raats wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > The last 24 hours I received a lot of spam for the postmaster. All these spam is filtered by spamassassin. But is it possible to filter these spam using postfix? Most of the spam for my users is filtered by postfix, but somehow it seems not to work for the postmaster account.

          just a guess:

          address_verify_sender = <>
        • Jack Raats
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 25, 2007
              Jack Raats:
              > WIetse,
              >
              > >> The last 24 hours I received a lot of spam for the postmaster. All these
              > >> spam is filtered by spamassassin. But is it possible to filter these spam
              > >> using postfix? Most of the spam for my users is filtered by postfix, but
              > >> somehow it seems not to work for the postmaster account.
              > >
              > > Try:
              > >
              > > postconf -e 'address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender'
              > >
              > > This is the default as of Postfix 2.5.
              >
              > In main.cf I used address_verify_sender=postmaster@...
              > Now I've replaced it with $double_bounce_sender, but I cann't find this
              > variable/user (google cann't either)
              > Who is $double_bounce_sender?
              >
              > btw I'm using 2.4.6

              double_bounce_sender was introduced between December 1998 and Mar 17, 1999.

              Wietse

              % postconf double_bounce_sender
              double_bounce_sender = double-bounce

              % man 5 postconf | less +/'^double_bounce_sender'
              double_bounce_sender (default: double-bounce)
              The sender address of postmaster notifications that are generated by
              the mail system. All mail to this address is silently discarded, in
              order to terminate mail bounce loops.
            • Jack Raats
              • Benny Pedersen
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
                  On Tue, December 25, 2007 22:33, Jack Raats wrote:

                  > The last 24 hours I received a lot of spam for the postmaster. All these spam
                  > is filtered by spamassassin. But is it possible to filter these spam using
                  > postfix? Most of the spam for my users is filtered by postfix, but somehow it
                  > seems not to work for the postmaster account.

                  spammers need more life so thay begin killing them self by sending spam to
                  postmasters in hope some will stop them, only postmasters can do is to either
                  block there ip or ignore mails from them

                  but dont ignore mail complains since postmaster is a rfc requirement

                  > Thanks for your time

                  no problem