backscatter

  • Bryan Irvine
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 18, 2007
      I've got a backup MX that is used by our customers and due to issues
      with their various authentication mechanisms (some use ldap, some use
      SQL, some are local Unix accounts, some exchange users etc...) this
      server generates a small amount of backscatter. Is there any way at
      all to deal with this?

      The server uses blacklists, and amavisd/clam so most of these emails
      get caught during that process.

      -Bryan
    • Mike McGinn
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 5, 2014
        Thank you Wietse,
        You spurred me to look at the logs and take a closer look. The problem was an
        old whitelist entry from when we were in the ISP business. Removing the entry
        solved my problem.

        Mike

        --
        Mike McGinn KD2CNU