Re: commands for examining queue?

  • Matteo D'Alfonso
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      Il giorno lun, 03/12/2007 alle 00.32 -0500, Miles Fidelman ha scritto:
      > I seem to have a growing number of messages sitting in my queue - which
      > suggests new types of spam and/or spam filters that are gumming up the
      > works with things that are not deleted automatically, or that some of
      > the addresses on lists I run have gone stale, but not yet been
      > auto-deleted by my list manager.

      I found very useful reading Bottleneck Analysis
      http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html

      > Thanks much,
      >
      > Miles Fidelman

      HTH,
      Matteo.
    • Miles Fidelman
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007

        Matteo D'Alfonso wrote:
        > I found very useful reading Bottleneck Analysis
        > http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html

        Thanks guys - between qshape and pfqueue I now have a good idea of
        what's going on. Looks like there was a burst of backscatter from
        forged messages, that's now just aging in my deferred queue.

        Now all I need is a good command for deleting messages from the deferred
        queue that are older than X days.

        Any suggestions?

        Thanks again,

        Miles
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 11:02:19AM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:

          > I wrote:
          > >So.. I'm wondering if there are any good commands or utilities for
          > >examining and manipulating queued messages. Things like:
          > >
          > Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
          > >Look at the "pfqueue" program (not a part of Postfix)
          > >
          > Matteo D'Alfonso wrote:
          > >I found very useful reading Bottleneck Analysis
          > >http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html
          > >
          > Thanks guys - between qshape and pfqueue I now have a good idea of
          > what's going on. Looks like there was a burst of backscatter from
          > forged messages, that's now just aging in my deferred queue.

          You are sending backscatter for invalid recipients at your domain.
          Don't accept mail for invalid recipients.