mysql support in Postfix

  • jekillen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hello;
      I have Postfix 2.3x installed on FreeBSD v6.2
      and am trying to set up Cyrus Imap and
      Cyradm. In the process of following the instructions
      there are a lot of references to use of MySQL
      tables to be used by Postfix. The problem is:
      postconf -m does not list mysql as a supported
      type. (it does not list db as a supported type
      even though Berkly db was installed by ports
      associated with Cyrus Imap and related
      software).
      I have looked in the Postfix manual and have
      a copy of The Book Of Postfix and I have not
      found much on installing postfix, let alone how
      to include database type support.
      Can I get a reference to data on this?
      Postfix on this machine was installed from
      packages on FreeBSD at system installation
      time.
      MySQL is up and running and has all the tables
      specified by Cyradm created.
      Thanks
      Jeff K
    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
        On Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 22:13 CET,
        jekillen <jekillen@...> wrote:

        > I have Postfix 2.3x installed on FreeBSD v6.2 and am trying to set up
        > Cyrus Imap and Cyradm. In the process of following the instructions
        > there are a lot of references to use of MySQL tables to be used by
        > Postfix. The problem is: postconf -m does not list mysql as a
        > supported type. (it does not list db as a supported type even though
        > Berkly db was installed by ports associated with Cyrus Imap and
        > related software).

        That's because the map types provided by Berkeley DB are called `hash'
        and `btree', not `db'.

        > I have looked in the Postfix manual and have a copy of The Book Of
        > Postfix and I have not found much on installing postfix, let alone
        > how to include database type support.

        http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html

        [...]

        --
        Magnus Bäck
        magnus@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
          On Dec 2, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Magnus Bäck wrote:

          > On Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 22:13 CET,
          > jekillen <jekillen@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I have Postfix 2.3x installed on FreeBSD v6.2 and am trying to set up
          >> Cyrus Imap and Cyradm. In the process of following the instructions
          >> there are a lot of references to use of MySQL tables to be used by
          >> Postfix. The problem is: postconf -m does not list mysql as a
          >> supported type. (it does not list db as a supported type even though
          >> Berkly db was installed by ports associated with Cyrus Imap and
          >> related software).
          >
          > That's because the map types provided by Berkeley DB are called `hash'
          > and `btree', not `db'.
          >
          >> I have looked in the Postfix manual and have a copy of The Book Of
          >> Postfix and I have not found much on installing postfix, let alone
          >> how to include database type support.
          >
          > http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html
          >
          > [...]
          O.K. Thank you for the info