implementing pyspf

  • Bazy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hello people,

      What would be the best and fastest way to implement SPF checking in
      postfix with pyspf? By fastest I mean performance not and easy task :)

      How did you implement SPF on your server?

      Thank you
    • Scott Kitterman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 15:37:14 +0200 Bazy <bazy@...> wrote:
        >Hello people,
        >
        >What would be the best and fastest way to implement SPF checking in
        >postfix with pyspf? By fastest I mean performance not and easy task :)
        >
        >How did you implement SPF on your server?

        If you look at http://www.openspf.org/Software you will find there are
        Python and Perl policy servers for SPF. The Python one integrates pyspf.
        This may also be packaged for your OS and available through the package
        management system.

        I'm the current developer of it. Feel free to contact me offlist if you
        have questions.

        Scott K
      • ram
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
          On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 15:37 +0200, Bazy wrote:
          > Hello people,
          >
          > What would be the best and fastest way to implement SPF checking in
          > postfix with pyspf? By fastest I mean performance not and easy task :)
          >
          > How did you implement SPF on your server?
          >

          > Thank you

          You could use the policyd-spf-perl

          http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_spf

          I had been using this for a while , but it is surely more expensive that
          a pure C code.

          spfmilter , works fine. http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/
          But I did not want to wait until DATA to reject the mails

          Now I have written a C-milter to do SPF checks , I can share the code
          with you( raw code -no installer :-) ) If you know a bit of programming
          you tweak it to suit yourself

          Thanks
          Ram