RE: Virtual spam forwarding issues

  • Michael McDermott
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2007

      Yes I'll be definitely using this, perhaps bumped up to about 10 so that I'm
      nearly 100% certain what is being rejected is spam. (I too have a
      required_score of 5.0 but I have messed with many of the internal
      SpamAssassin rules and I get some pretty high scores - some of over 20 and
      even 30. I still have a pretty low false positive rate)

      >/^[[:digit:]\.-]*$/ REJECT Unacceptable hostname in helo
      >/^\[[[:digit:]\.]*\]$/ REJECT Local policy prohibits address literals in
      helo
      >/^localhost(\.localdomain)?$/ REJECT Unacceptable hostname in helo

      This is good too. It would definitely help cut down my server load to reject
      more mail before it is filtered.

      I think I'll give nolisting a try with one of my domains too. The statistics
      on the nolisting.org site look good and it can't hurt to see what results I
      get from it.