Re: Postfix/ClamAV Config Error

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 29, 2007
      Matt LaPlante wrote:
      > Well, all things in balance, chrooting is usually done for a good
      > reason. Yes, it's more complicated and can cause pain if someone is
      > not educated in it, but it's also not something that should be written
      > off as not worth learning.

      I wasn't about chrooting in general. I am just unsure about the
      cost/benefits ratio of chrooting postfix.

      > Also fwiw, Ubuntu sets up postfix to run
      > chroot when it's installed, so the only difficulty is setting up your
      > filters properly.

      The problem is that they either don't tell people, or people don't
      listen to them (or don't read docs). The end result is that people get
      here complaining about a problem and not understanding why "it does not
      work".