Re: Client SMTP Auth

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Osmany Goderich wrote:

      > I've already sent the configurations in a message before with the
      > subject 'Postfix restrictions'. I thought about what you said and
      > yes, this serve has static IP, but I really wouldn't like to
      > compromise my security just for this client to get his messages
      > relayed. Can't he do anything in his server so that it authenticates
      > when it relays to me? I really think there should
      > be another way to solve this.

      even if he authenticates, what would that solve for you? the password
      will be on _his_ server. so now, if the password is stolen, people will
      be able to relay from anywhere. contrast this with a single IP.

      anyway, Viktor directed you to
      http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

      This shows how to configure postfix to authenticate to a remote server,
      which is what you want.