When does postfix append a for <> in the Recieved: entry?

  • Eddy Ilg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi,

      we are using a spam filter that needs the information in the Recieved
      header entry, such as:

      by smtp3.rz.tu-harburg.de (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id l9TFak5e023365
      (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=OK)
      for <eddy@...>; Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:36:46 +0100

      Sometimes postfix does not append the "for <user>". Can this be
      controlled by configuration? When does it append the line and when does
      it leave it out?

      Best regards

      Eddy Ilg
    • Reinaldo Carvalho
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        On 11/1/07, Eddy Ilg <eddy@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >

        > we are using a spam filter that needs the information in the Recieved
        > header entry, such as:

        > by smtp3.rz.tu-harburg.de (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id l9TFak5e023365
        > (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=OK)
        > for <eddy@...>; Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:36:46 +0100

        smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes ?

        --
        Reinaldo Carvalho
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
          On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 06:19:22PM +0100, Eddy Ilg wrote:

          > we are using a spam filter that needs the information in the Recieved
          > header entry, such as:

          > by smtp3.rz.tu-harburg.de (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id
          > l9TFak5e023365
          > (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=OK)
          > for <eddy@...>; Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:36:46 +0100
          >
          > Sometimes postfix does not append the "for <user>". Can this be
          > controlled by configuration? When does it append the line and when does
          > it leave it out?

          Some messages have multiple recipients, your spam filter needs a better
          design (obtain message recipient information from SMTP or command-line
          arguments). Do take the time to understand the distinction between
          message content and envelope. Recipients are carried outside the message.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
            Eddy Ilg:
            > Hi,
            >

            > we are using a spam filter that needs the information in the Recieved
            > header entry, such as:

            > by smtp3.rz.tu-harburg.de (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id l9TFak5e023365
            > (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=OK)
            > for <eddy@...>; Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:36:46 +0100
            >
            > Sometimes postfix does not append the "for <user>". Can this be
            > controlled by configuration? When does it append the line and when does
            > it leave it out?

            It's left out when there are multiple. This is to avoid a
            privacy leak bug.