Re: custom SMTP code in virtual

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2007
      jeremy.weader@...:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have just finished migrating a sendmail domain to postfix, and have a
      > quick question about the virtual maps. In the sendmail virtusertable, we
      > had entries like the following:
      >
      > firstname.lastname@... lastname@...
      > @... error:nouser Please refer to our directory at
      > http://www.domain.com/FindPeople.

      This can be done with a transport map:

      example.com error:5.1.1 Please refer to our directory ...

      but only if ALL user@... addresses are aliased into a
      DIFFERENT domain. This is because Postfix virtual aliases are
      recursive.

      > @... error:nouser This domain has been retired.
      > Please use example.com instead.

      This can be done with a transport map:

      retired.example.com error:5.1.1 This domain has been retired.

      I made some designs to combine virtual aliases and transport mappings
      in one table and the result was just too messy.