RE: To personalize NonDelivery Request (rejected e-mail) to sender

  • Carlos JimĂ©nez
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
      Thank you very much for your help.

      -----Mensaje original-----
      De: owner-postfix-users@... [mailto:owner-postfix-users@...]
      En nombre de Victor Duchovni
      Enviado el: lunes, 01 de octubre de 2007 23:43
      Para: Carlos Jim?nez
      CC: postfix-users@...
      Asunto: Re: To personalize NonDelivery Request (rejected e-mail) to sender

      On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:23:51PM +0200, Carlos Jim?nez wrote:

      > OK.
      > The last question: We cannot modify the "text" of a SMTP reply (except RBL
      > replies), but we can modify the reject code of every filter, is it
      correct?

      Yes, the intention is allow you to choose between 4xx soft failures and
      5xx hard failures.

      > So... Is there always generated an specific SMTP reply (with its code) for
      > every e-mail that matches a Postfix "filter"? It is just for creating a
      > "list" of customized rejection codes with a brief "explanation" of the
      > meaning, but just for our users and customers.

      The problem is that RFC (2)821 does not give you a lot of valid reply
      codes to choose from. You are far better off documenting the built in

      Sorry, the built-in responses are not configurable at this time.