Re: Custom password encryption scheme, how to do it?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 12:40:17PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:

      > My question is, can I have Postfix/Dovecot use a custom password
      > hashing system?

      If you use Postfix with Dovecot auth, Postfix delegates all password
      checks to Dovecot, so if Dovecot can do what you want, you are done.

      Ask your question on the Dovecot list.

    • Madison Kelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        Victor Duchovni wrote:
        > On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 12:40:17PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
        >
        >> My question is, can I have Postfix/Dovecot use a custom password
        >> hashing system?
        >
        > If you use Postfix with Dovecot auth, Postfix delegates all password
        > checks to Dovecot, so if Dovecot can do what you want, you are done.
        >
        > Ask your question on the Dovecot list.

        Will do, that's and sorry for the line noise. :)

        Madi
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007

          http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes
          http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/CheckPassword