Re: 2 postfix boxes as frontservers for MS Exchange, spf problems

  • Milosz SZOT
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      Thanks for your answer,

      > Add the external IP of the Exchange server to your SPF record
      I'll add the exchange server in the spf for every domain i control, today

      > FWIW, I agree your recipient is misconfigured. I've seen similar
      reject messages that were equally incorrect before, so I'd be curious to
      know what implementation it is that gets this wrong.

      I guess i won't know what implementation is used, because it's a
      customer, so i don't imagine me giving a phone to them to tell them
      their mail filters are faulty, it's a big customer, and it's a somewhat
      large company =/

      I have one more question :
      if i delete my exchange server from the spf so everything is relayed in
      and out by the 2 postfixes, is there any chance to be considered as
      spammer, for mail servers not using spf ?
      I mean misconfigured old mail servers checking MX records, and looking
      in the headers, and maybe checking my exchange server because it is the
      original sender in my headers ?

      It's my first "true" mail server and i don't want to take any risks

      Thanks anyway !

      Milosz SZOT