Re: LDAP smtpd_recipient_restrictions

  • James Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
      On 1 Oct 2007, at 05:51, mouss wrote:

      > use 2 maps. nothing requires that you check senders and recipients
      > using
      > a single map.

      Hi Mouss,

      Could you please elaborate? Even with multiple maps, won't all
      internal domains be trusted?

      Cheers,

      James
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
        James Wilson wrote:
        > On 1 Oct 2007, at 05:51, mouss wrote:
        >
        >> use 2 maps. nothing requires that you check senders and recipients using
        >> a single map.
        >
        > Hi Mouss,
        >
        > Could you please elaborate? Even with multiple maps, won't all internal
        > domains be trusted?

        you need is not completely specified (I don't know who can do what
        exactly), but hee is the idea.

        smtpd_restriction_classes =
        only_domain2_senders

        smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_recipient hash:/path/recipient_access

        only_domain2_senders =
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/path/domain2_allowed_senders
        reject

        == recipient_access:
        domain2.example only_domain2_senders

        == domain2_allowed_senders:
        domain2.example OK

        With this, only senders in domain2.example can send to addresses in
        domain2.example.

        of course, users can forge their sender address to get around this. if
        this is a concern, you'll need authentication and
        reject_sender_login_mismatch.