again: bad record type: 45 in message content

  • Artem Bokhan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      In case of Kaspersky antivirus (milter) inserts "X-Anti-Virus header",
      some messages are rejected by smtp, and I could reproduce that.

      The question: how can I catch the message before and after some milter,
      so I could compare them?

      Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/smtp[22149]: warning: AB50138A001C: bad
      record type: 45 in message content
      Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/smtp[22149]: AB50138A001C:
      to=<email@...>, relay=somerelay[172.16.1.6]:25, delay=0.44,
      delays=0.25/0/0/0.19, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (unreadable mail queue
      entry)
      Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/bounce[3246]: AB50138A001C: sender
      non-delivery notification: 2F88E2C68001
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
        Artem Bokhan:
        > In case of Kaspersky antivirus (milter) inserts "X-Anti-Virus header",
        > some messages are rejected by smtp, and I could reproduce that.
        >
        > The question: how can I catch the message before and after some milter,
        > so I could compare them?
        >
        > Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/smtp[22149]: warning: AB50138A001C: bad
        > record type: 45 in message content
        > Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/smtp[22149]: AB50138A001C:
        > to=<email@...>, relay=somerelay[172.16.1.6]:25, delay=0.44,
        > delays=0.25/0/0/0.19, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (unreadable mail queue
        > entry)
        > Sep 6 04:31:38 postfix-mx/bounce[3246]: AB50138A001C: sender
        > non-delivery notification: 2F88E2C68001

        Usually, Milter-edited files have problems when non-Postfix
        software mis-handles the result.

        Provide the following information:

        "postconf mail_version" output

        "postconf -n" output

        master.cf

        "cleanup -v" logging

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
          Wietse Venema:
          > Artem Bokhan:
          > > In case of Kaspersky antivirus (milter) inserts "X-Anti-Virus header",
          > > some messages are rejected by smtp, and I could reproduce that.

          Upgrade.

          Wietse

          20070613

          Bugfix: the Milter client assumed that a Milter application
          does not modify the message header or envelope, after that
          same Milter application has modified the message body of
          that same email message. This is not a problem with updates
          by different Milter applications. Problem was triggered
          by Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz. Also simplified the handling
          of queue file update errors. File: milter/milter8.c.
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
            Wietse Venema:
            > Artem Bokhan:
            > > In case of Kaspersky antivirus (milter) inserts "X-Anti-Virus header",
            > > some messages are rejected by smtp, and I could reproduce that.

            This problem is already fixed. Upgrade to a recent Postfix 2.4 or
            2.5 release.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
              Thanks, it works.

              Wietse Venema ?????: