Mysql connections

  • Martin Strand
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3 3:32 AM
      I'm trying to estimate the maximum number of concurrent mysql connections
      Postfix could possibly use.
      I've got mysql maps for:
      - virtual_alias_maps
      - virtual_mailbox_maps
      - virtual_mailbox_domains
      - virtual_mailbox_limit_maps (patched VDA)

      Am I correct in assuming that a single Postfix process will only use a
      single connection at a time?
      If so, I could just add maxproc (100) for smtp + rewrite + cleanup
      + virtual and that would mean that with my setup, Postfix would never
      consume more than 400 mysql connections, right?

      Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3 6:07 AM
        Martin Strand:
        > I'm trying to estimate the maximum number of concurrent mysql connections
        > Postfix could possibly use.
        > I've got mysql maps for:
        > - virtual_alias_maps
        > - virtual_mailbox_maps
        > - virtual_mailbox_domains
        > - virtual_mailbox_limit_maps (patched VDA)
        >
        > Am I correct in assuming that a single Postfix process will only use a
        > single connection at a time?
        > If so, I could just add maxproc (100) for smtp + rewrite + cleanup
        > + virtual and that would mean that with my setup, Postfix would never
        > consume more than 400 mysql connections, right?

        See: man 8 proxymap

        Wietse
      • Martin Strand
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 7:06 AM
          On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:07:45 +0200, Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
          wrote:

          > Martin Strand:
          >> I'm trying to estimate the maximum number of concurrent mysql
          >> connections
          >> Postfix could possibly use.
          >> I've got mysql maps for:
          >> - virtual_alias_maps
          >> - virtual_mailbox_maps
          >> - virtual_mailbox_domains
          >> - virtual_mailbox_limit_maps (patched VDA)
          >>
          >> Am I correct in assuming that a single Postfix process will only use a
          >> single connection at a time?
          >> If so, I could just add maxproc (100) for smtp + rewrite + cleanup
          >> + virtual and that would mean that with my setup, Postfix would never
          >> consume more than 400 mysql connections, right?
          >
          > See: man 8 proxymap
          >
          > Wietse

          Thanks!
          I wasn't using proxymap at all before, but now all mysql lookups are
          proxied.
          So the maximum number of connections will now be 100 (maxproc for
          proxymap), right?

          Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3 7:13 AM
            On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:06:05PM +0200, Martin Strand wrote:

            > I wasn't using proxymap at all before, but now all mysql lookups are
            > proxied.
            > So the maximum number of connections will now be 100 (maxproc for
            > proxymap), right?

            Multiplied by the number of mysql tables... I don't think the Postfix
            mysql driver shares the database connection for tables that use the
            same database, so each table leads to a separate connection.