Re: Lost connection while sending end of data

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
      Diego Alencar Alves de Lima:
      > Em Sex, 2007-08-31 ?s 23:30 -0400, Wietse Venema escreveu:
      > > The SMTP server on 127.0.0.1 did not respond to "end of data" within
      > > $smtp_data_done_timeout seconds (default 600s, or 10 minutes, as
      > > recommended by the RFC).
      >
      > The messages do not take long to be deferred. I see the error as soon as
      > I flush or requeue these particular messages. And this doesn't happen to
      > all messages, just some specific few.

      I was not aware that the drop was instantaneous.

      > Could there be another reason for this message other than a timeout
      > while waiting for the smtp response?

      Apparently, the filter aborts quickly. The reason for this is likely
      written to a logfile, provided that the file permissions aren't
      broken to the point that the filter can't write its log.

      If nothing is logged, use strace, truss, etc. to diagnose the process.